Wednesday 14 July 2010

Waiting On Wednesday (#5)

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This weeks pick is Darklight by Lesley Livingston. It will be released on 26th October 2010 by Harper Teen.

Much has changed since autumn, when Kelley Winslow learned she was a Faerie princess, fell in love with changeling guard Sonny Flannery, and saved the mortal realm from the ravages of the Wild Hunt.

Now Kelley is stuck in New York City, rehearsing Romeo and Juliet and missing Sonny more with every stage kiss, while Sonny has been forced back to the Otherworld and into a deadly game of cat and mouse with the remaining Hunters and Queen Mabh herself.

When a terrifying encounter sends Kelley tumbling into the Otherworld, her reunion with Sonny is joyful but destined to be cut short. An ancient, hidden magick is stirring, and a dangerous new enemy is willing to risk everything to claim that power.

Caught in a web of Faerie deception and shifting allegiances, Kelley and Sonny must tread carefully, for each next step could topple a kingdom . . . or tear them apart. (Taken from GoodReads)

10 comments:

Cass said...

This one is part of a series, isn't it? The cover is amazing! Hope you enjoy it.

This week I am waiting on Crossing the Tracks by Barbara Stuber.

Dwayne said...

Hmm - I wasn't sure of getting this series as it's slightly off my radar of comfort, but for a series follower, I'm sure they're slightly dying to get this! :D Nice pick Lauren!

Manga Maniac said...

I haven't read any of the series yet, but it is on my wishlist.

My WOW is here -

Manga Maniac Cafe

Sassy Brit @ Alternative-Read.com said...

I've got this one to review! Great choice!

Here's mine!

Happy WoW. This is my first one :)

Sassy
:)

Alayne said...

Sounds like a fun read for the fall! My WOW is at The Crowded Leaf.

Jenna JL said...

I've got this on my wishlist too! I've really enjoyed the other books in the series.

My WoW pick is here

Nat said...

It's been out a while in the US, it was good but not as good as Wondrous Strange, for me. Hope you enjoy it!

Leanna Elle said...

I've got this on my wishlist too, even though I haven't read the first book yet. lol! I think I'll like this series, though. :)

Cade said...

Looks like a good pick. I haven't read the rest of the series, but the first one is on my wishlist. Thanks for the comment/follow on mine :D

Cade
Braintasia Books

Sarah said...

Great pick! ...although I believe the hardcover edition was released in December 2009, and the October release is for the paperback. Paperbacks are exciting and worth waiting for :) Thanks for the comment/follow!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Labels